- Farmers Market
- Farm Goods
Vashon Farmers Market is a family affair. Farmer Jen of Pacific Crest Farm makes growing such stunning, delicious produce look easy.
Hubby Bob, pitches in setting up Pacific Crest’s booth at the Farmers Market last week during the Island Family Harvest Celebration.
Sweet Miss Coralee, Booth Display Manager, takes in a quick nap between supervising her Papa’s tomato stacking technique.
What harvest celebration would be complete without a sauerkraut-making demostration, and lucky for us it was provided by the King of Kraut, Greg the Great of Island Meadow Farm.
At this Week’s Market!
Saturday, September 21: To Market, To Market …To Hear a Good Story
Vashon Farmers Market is excited to announce that we’ll have a special guest at the farmers market in mid-September. Nikki McClure will be on hand to read from several of her books. Everyone is welcome, kids and the young at heart, especially.
WHO: Olympia children’s book author and artist Nikki McClure
WHEN: Saturday, September 21, 11 AM
WHERE: Vashon Farmers Market
WHAT: Nikki will read several of her books for young children, ending with To Market, To Market. Vashon Bookshop will be at the Market selling Nikki’s books and calendars.
Wrap yourself in Warmth and Artistry!
- Enter your chance to win this amazingly beautiful, hand-crafted shawl for a $1 a chance.
- Buy tickets at the VIGA booth at the farmers market.
- Drawing November 2, 2013
- The triangular Butterfly Shawl was knitted by Cathy Fulton in the Ukranian tradition with yarn from Winterbrook Farm’s Suri Alpaca herd.
- It measures a generous 72″ x 40″
Vashon Farmers Market
Hours 10 am – 2 pm
17505 Vashon Highway SW
Village Green (Downtown Vashon)
Farms, Nurseries and Homesteads
- Calico Gardens: Every kind of dahlia and every color, made up into fragrant seasonal bouquets with other flowers, branches, herbs.I always look for what Mother Nature has given us as well as what I have worked to grow, and enjoy combining them for bouquets that please the senses.
- Calypso Gardens: Large and mini bouquets summer bouquets, and hand woven pine needle & cedar bark baskets. Produce includes: broccoli, fingerling potatoes (2 kinds) summer squash, onions, orient express cucumbers, tomatoes plus kale, collard and sorrel bunches.
- Ellisport Eggs @ Co-op Booth: Farm Fresh Free Range multicolored eggs
- Green Man Farm: GreenMan Farm will have freshly dug potatoes, summer squash galore, delectable Asian cucumbers, pickling cucumbers, beets, rainbow carrots, mixed salad greens, succulent chard and kale, purple peacock broccoli, pac choi, gigantic sweet onions, lovely large leeks and leek scapes, farm fresh eggs, and plenty of recipes to go with them all. For those who want to enliven their walls with gorgeous art, we’ll have Will’s beautiful veggie watercolor portraits and veggie greeting cards.. Local and Sustainably Grown, Small Family Farm on Vashon.
- Hilltop Garden: sweet corn , green beans, peas, carrots, parsnips, beets, onions, tomatoes, kale
- Hogsback Farm: Snap Peas, Shell Peas, Patty Pan Squash, Zucchini, Salad Mix, Mustard Greens, Broccoli, Cabbage, Radishes, Beets, Kale, Chard, Carrots, Raspberries and Basil Starts. Local and Sustainably Grown Small Family Farm on Vashon.
- Island Meadow Farm: Kale, Chard, Beans, Beets, Carrots, Potatoes, Cabbage, Sweet Onions, Summer Squash, Cucumbers, Arugula, Basil, Parsley, and Mixed Flower Bouquets Local and Sustainably Grown Small Family Farm on Vashon
- Kareli Farm: Sunflowers, sunflowers, sunflowers! 15 Varieties…Bunches of Sunflowers and sunflower single stems ready to brighten your day!
- Nita’s Garden @ Co-op Booth: Fresh cut Bay Leaves, Rhubarb & Rhubarb plants ready to planted at your home
- Pacific Crest Farm: Fresh Snow Peas! Salad mix, Spinach, Arugula, Napa cabbage, Cilantro, Kale, Chard, Garlic scales, Parsley, Basil, Radishes, Turnips, Pac Choi and Head lettuces. Local and Sustainably Grown Small Family Farm on Vashon
- Plum Forest Farm: Plum Forest Farm is Certified Organic and will be bringing an abundance of delicious heirloom tomatoes, cilantro, onions, garlic, sweet and hot peppers, Italian prune plums from the enchanted Plum Forest, green and yellow beans, beets, salad greens, kale, turnips, purslane, pac choi, basil, cucumbers, summer squash, arugula, eggplant, carrots, and more.
- Sun Island Farm: New at Sun island are tomatoes, eggplant, basil and broccoli. Local and Sustainably Grown Small Family Farm on Vashon.
- Tramp Harbor Farm @ the Co-op Booth: Farm fresh eggs brought to you by happy, local and free-range hens and salad greens too!
- Tahlequah Gardens @ Co-op Booth: Cucumbers, Tomatoes and Fancy Salad Mix
- Azula by Design: New batch of hand-sewn/handcrafted unique, one-of-a-kind headwear and fascinators, as well as special event pieces, with a variety of price ranges. Materials include a luscious array of vintage fabric and findings, beading, embroidery, and naturally molted feathers.
- Bliss Organix: Bliss Organix helps you beat the heat, with our new summer Stay Cool Spritz, with lemon, rosemary and peppermint, and our Sweet Cheeks Sugar Scrub, with chamomile and frankincense, keeps your summer skin glowing.
- Cathleen’s Hands: Upcycled journals of all sizes made from hard back books, including many made from children’s books; Do-it-yourself paper automata kits to make your own animated breaching orca; and Ultra-soft and lacy silk/mohair knitted scarves and wrist warmers. We are also carrying lovely yarn made from the Suri Alpaca herd at Vashon’s Winterbrook Farm–you must feel this yarn to believe how luxurious it is!
- Empty Nest Studio: Necklaces, pendants, necklace scarves and much more. All genuine stone, in great colors for spring and summer.
- Fabric Focus: Lavender Ladybugs, Lavender Eye-pillows, Coiled bowls, Washable/reusable snack bags and Sandwich Wraps and Bookmarks
- Falcorations Odyssey: Stop by our booth and check out Gary’s new up-cycled album clocks & bottle-cap jewelry along with Patty`s new critters, purses & tote bags! Ask about custom orders if you don’t see what you’re looking for!
- Helix Fiber Farm @ Coop Booth: New spinning/felting batts – Coopworth wool & Fresh cut lavender bunches
- KB & Paula: New batch of colorful cutting boards and wooden earrings for this weekend. Stop by and pick up a great gift for your family, friends or yourself!
- Lisa Betz: Vashon Ferry Boat Pendants for a limited time only! Ready to hang Mosaics made for indoor/outdoors use; handmade kiln-fired ceramic garden art, flowers, hearts, faces, stars and more. Pendants created from antique silverware and vintage jewelry soldered onto the pendant.
- Rainy Day Garden: As always, you will find at least 15 varieties of olive oil based soaps, including unscented and palm oil free choices. We will also have “soap” cake slices , soap cupcakes and GMO free soy candles. Don’t forget your soap punch card, for Farmers Market customers only. (Weather permitting.)
- Reap It Products: Handmade up-cycled products made from farm feed sacks. Aprons for big and little people. Baby bibs and adult “commuter” bibs. Car bags, perfect for trash. kids stuff, pet toys, magazines–you name it! Wine totes and wider totes designed to fit Cliff’s Beer bottles (Vashon Brewing Company), sandwich wraps, portable dog water bowls, placemats and more.
- Rex’s Sharpening Service: Drop by Rex’s booth to put a razor sharp edge on your knives, clippers, pruners and loppers. You don’t wanna miss his “Face On Fire” hot sauce and reconditioned kitchen items when weather permits. As always, VIGA members recieve a 10% discount for his sharpening service!
- Rosie Bones: New this Week: Super Green Turkey Breast Dog Treat-with spirulina and chlorella to give your dogs immunity system a power punch. Hemp Ropes made with chicken breasts, available in three different sizes to meet your dog’s needs. Rosie’s signature chicken livers and gizzards dog treats. Whole Food Dog Treats created using grass fed beef liver, organic sweet potato and chicken feet. Visit our Facebook page.
- Shangobrand: Hand built by a craftsman on Vashon Island, we offer firewood totes that are the right tool for the job. Made with heavy canvas, hearty stitching and wood dowels, this carrier is plenty burly to carry what you need to move.
- Treenware: (Weather Permitting) One-of-a-kind spoons made from a stunning piece of spalted apple given to me last Saturday. They have a silky smooth texture and, with the oil finish, have a rich brown with a hint of red color rather than the pale tannish/white of green apple.
Handcrafted Food & Brew
- Anu Rana’s Healthy Kitchen: Our Flourless Goodies are hand pressed and crafted one at a time and are always Almond flour based. Brownies, Basil Pine nut, Ginger Molasses, Sesame seed, Mango Cashew Cookies, White Chocolate Macaroons, Quinoa Dates, Coconut Pistachio and Maple Health Bars packed in environment friendly Biodegradable bags. Always gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, corn-free, wheat-free and rice-free cookies, cakes & snacks.
- Cliff’s Beer: Cliff’s newest brew: Inspiration Point IPA and while you’re there pick up one of Cliff’s signature beers: Burton Blonde and Alder Smoked Porter. (Photo below: Beer tote, or lavender and beer tote, your choice.
- Hedy’s King Caramels: Agave, Roasted Pecan, Classic, Ginger, Licorice and Sea Salt – plus dipped pretzel rods. Caramel coated pretzel rods loaded with roasted, salty cashews will be on offer. Also this week: Magic Wands: Caramel coated pretzel rods with colorful non-pariels.
- Patty’s Tamales: Handmade tamales at the market–three delicious types to choose from. Take home some of our delicious Guacamole, too.
- Snapdragon Bakery & Cafe: Cinnamon Rolls, Scones, and Savory Rolls, and homemade pink lemonade and Vegan Soup du Jour will be offered each week. Local, Vegetarian and Vegan.
- Tease Chocolates: Signature Chocolate bars: Salty Mermaid, Geishas Pleasure, Spicy Mayan
Dark Arts Bean-to-Bar Chocolate featuring label art from Mika Ceccarelli, Sunshine Toffee – Orange Toffee with Sunflower and Sesame Seeds, Hand-Dipped S’Mores – Marshmallow flavors are: Vanilla Bean, Chocolate, Orange Blossom, Berry and Banana, Assorted Truffle Flavors include: Carol’s Little Black Dress, Lemon Curd, Ghost Chile Caramel, Dulce de Leche, Lavender Butterflies; and Assorted Caramel Flavors: Pineapple Cashew, Orange Kiwi, Salted, Salsa, Grapefruit Saffron, Ginger Berry.
Fish & Meat:
- Midlife Crisis Farm: Ask about other grilling favorites: Lamb Garlic Sausage, Raspberry Chipotle Sausage, Mango Ginger Haberno Sausage Links, USDA lamb and grass fed ground beef
- Quality Seafood: Fresh, sustainable, wild caught prawns, salmon, black cod, tuna, halibut, and smoked salmon.
- Wolftown: Vashon Island raised lamb
Vashon Farmers Market proudly supports the following programs:
EBT: It’s 1-2-3-Easy!
Find the Market: View Larger Map | Get Directions | View Bird’s Eye
Market Fresh Sheet
JOIN VIGA | MEMBERSHIP & VENDOR FEES
Help Support VIGA
Vashon Farmers Market Accepts…