- Farmers Market
- Farm Goods
August 3 | Village Green | 10 am - 3 pm
Where Summer Freshness Meets Island Artistry
Market hours extended | 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, sunflowers, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, fava beans, sugarsnap peas, snow peas, shelling peas, broccoli, zucchini, patty pan squash, cucumbers, garlic scapes, pea tendrils, green garlic, kale, kale rapini, florets, beets, radishes, salad mix, chard, chives, rhubarb, sorrel, sunchokes, parsnips, potatoes, rhubarb, leeks, spinach, turnips, Japanese turnips, Asian greens, bok choy, scallions, mango ginger sausage, bacon, lamb, wild & sustainable seafood, flower bouquets, and Farm-Fresh Free-Range Chicken & Duck Eggs, hanging strawberry & flower plants, fresh herbs include: thyme, mint, parsley, oregano, catnip and large variety of flower, herb, fruit and veggie starts.
Artisans, Bakers and Homegrown Chefs
Wine, beer, fresh baked bread & pastries, gluten-free cookies, whole-food dog treats and upcycled doggie bowls, hand-woven cedar and pine needle baskets, massages, organic body products, reconditioned kitchen items, artisan caramels, vegan chocolate truffles, obsidian wind chimes, ceramic mosaics, travel notebooks, picnic tables, hand dyed & spun yarn: alpaca, suri & sheep, handcrafted wooden spoons, bowls & spinning tops, stained glass, hand dyed silk scarves, handmade traditional woodblock soap, wooden cutting boards, rolling pins, leather potholders, hand-woven brooms & baskets, stone and gem jewelry work, farm-raised soap, watercolor note cards, feather artwork, up-cycled and recycled artwork.
Live Music at the Market
Vashon’s one and only Magpies, will be back to the market performing all of your favorite songs from various genres: bluegrass, folk, country, Celtic and more. Enjoy their signature sound and vocal harmony. Magpies band members: Cliff Simpson, Steve Amsden, Jean Richstad, and Dan Brown
Farms, Nurseries and Homesteads
- Calico Gardens: Highland White Dreams daisies, Freelander, David Austin English Roses Delphinium and Dahlia plants in gallon size pots ready to be planted at your home.
- Calypso Gardens: Salad mix, onions (2 varieties), potatoes (3 varieties), broccoli, fresh mixed sprouts, sugar snap peas, bunches of kale and collards. Large and mini bouquets with a riot of crocosmia present, and hand woven pine needle & cedar bark basket
- Ellisport Eggs @ Co-op Booth: Farm Fresh Free Range multicolored eggs
- Green Man Farm: GreenMan Farm will have freshly dug potatoes, summer squash galore, delectable Asian cucumbers, pickling cucumbers, beets, rainbow carrots, mixed salad greens, succulent chard and kale, purple peacock broccoli, pac choi (AKA bok choy), gigantic sweet onions, lovely large leeks and leek scapes, farm fresh eggs, and plenty of recipes to go with them all. For those who want to enliven their walls with gorgeous art, we’ll have Will’s beautiful veggie watercolor portraits and veggie greeting cards.. Local and Sustainably Grown, Small Family Farm on Vashon.
- Hilltop Garden: sweet corn , green beans, peas, carrots, parsnips, beets, onions, tomatoes, kale
- Hogsback Farm: Snap Peas, Shell Peas, Patty Pan Squash, Zucchini, Salad Mix, Mustard Greens, Broccoli, Cabbage, Radishes, Beets, Kale, Chard, Carrots, Raspberries and Basil Starts. Local and Sustainably Grown Small Family Farm on Vashon.
- Island Meadow Farm: Kale, Chard, Beets, Carrots, New Potatoes, Cabbage, Sweet Onions, Summer Squash, Cucumbers, Arugula, Basil, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Parsley, Par-cel, Sweet Peas, and Mixed Flower Bouquets Local and Sustainably Grown Small Family Farm on Vashon
- Kareli Farm: Sunflowers, sunflowers, sunflowers! Bunches of Sunflowers and sunflower stems ready to brighten your day!
- Nita’s Garden @ Co-op Booth: Fresh cut Bay Leaves, Rhubarb & Rhubarb plants ready to planted at your home
- Pacific Crest Farm: Fresh Snow Peas! Salad mix, Spinach, Arugula, Napa cabbage, Cilantro, Kale, Chard, Garlic scales, Parsley, Basil, Radishes, Turnips, Pac Choi and Head lettuces. Local and Sustainably Grown Small Family Farm on Vashon
- Plum Forest Farm: Plum Forest Farm will have the following certified organic produce: cool crisp cucumbers, basil, scallions, carrots, beets, new potatoes, summer squash, rainbow Swiss chard, cauliflower, broccoli, gourmet salad mix, kale, butterhead lettuce, cilantro, snow peas, snap peas, shelling peas, arugula, broccoli raab, wonderful pac choi, hakurai turnips, blueberries, fragrant Sweet Pea bouquets, and packets of cilantro seeds.
- Sun Island Farm: New at Sun island are tomatoes, eggplant, basil and broccoli. Local and Sustainably Grown Small Family Farm on Vashon.
- Tramp Harbor Farm @ the Co-op Booth: Farm fresh eggs brought to you by happy, local and free-range hens and salad greens too!
- Tahlequah Gardens @ Co-op Booth: Cucumbers, Tomatoes and Fancy Salad Mix
- Bliss Organix: Bliss Organix helps you beat the heat, with our new summer Stay Cool Spritz, with lemon, rosemary and peppermint, and our Sweet Cheeks Sugar Scrub, with chamomile and frankincense, keeps your summer skin glowing.
- Empty Nest Studio: Weekly Special: Vashon beach glass pendants for only $10.00! Necklaces, pendants, necklace scarves and much more. All genuine stone, in great colors for spring and summer.
- Fabric Focus: Lavender Ladybugs, Lavender Eye-pillows, Coiled bowls and Bookmarks
- Falcorations Odyssey: Stop by our booth and check out Gary’s bottlecap jewelry & album clocks! You will also find Patty’s fun critters, including her zombie animals, monsters, shroomies & owls! Patty also makes purses & tote bags made from upcycled album covers, books & movies. If you have a favorite movie, album or book Patty does custom bags & Gary will take special requests on album clocks & bottlecap jewelry if you don’t see what you’re looking for in our booth, just ask us! You can also preview even more at this link: Enchanted Recycler.
- Helix Fiber Farm @ Coop Booth: New spinning/felting batts – Coopworth wool & Fresh cut lavender bunches
- Holy Moly Moments: Local photographer capturing moments from around the world. Framed photographs, prints and notecards.
- KB & Paula: New batch of colorful cutting boards and wooden earrings for this weekend. Stop by and pick up a great gift for your family, friends or yourself!
- Lisa Betz: Vashon Ferry Boat Pendants for a limited time only! Ready to hang Mosaics made for indoor/outdoors use; handmade kiln-fired ceramic garden art, flowers, hearts, faces, stars and more. Pendants created from antique silverware and vintage jewelry soldered onto the pendant.
- Rainy Day Garden: Lavender Soap made with lavender from Lavender Hill Farm. As always, you will find 15 varieties of olive oil based soaps, including unscented and soaps for the gardener. We will also have “soap” Cake slices and Cupcakes and GMO free soy candles. Don’t forget your soap punch card, for Farmers Market customers only
- Rex’s Sharpening Service: Drop by Rex’s booth to put a razor sharp edge on your knives, clippers, pruners and loppers. You don’t wanna miss his “Face On Fire” hot sauce and reconditioned kitchen items when weather permits. As always, VIGA members recieve a 10% discount for his sharpening service!
- Rosie Bones: New this Week: Super Green Turkey Breast Dog Treat-with spirulina and chlorella to give your dogs immunity system a power punch. Hemp Ropes made with chicken breasts, available in three different sizes to meet your dog’s needs. Rosie’s signature chicken livers and gizzards dog treats. Whole Food Dog Treats created using grass fed beef liver, organic sweet potato and chicken feet. Visit our Facebook page.
- Treenware: (Weather Permitting) One-of-a-kind spoons made from a stunning piece of spalted apple given to me last Saturday. They have a silky smooth texture and, with the oil finish, have a rich brown with a hint of red color rather than the pale tannish/white of green apple.
Handcrafted Food & Brew
- Anu Rana’s Healthy Kitchen: Our Flourless Goodies are hand pressed and crafted one at a time and are always Almond flour based. Brownies, Basil Pine nut, Ginger Molasses, Sesame seed, Mango Cashew Cookies, White Chocolate Macaroons, Quinoa Dates, Coconut Pistachio and Maple Health Bars packed in environment friendly Biodegradable bags. Always gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, corn-free, wheat-free and rice-free cookies, cakes & snacks.
- Cliff’s Beer: Cliff’s newest brew: Inspiration Point IPA and while you’re there pick up one of Cliff’s signature beers: Burton Blonde and Alder Smoked Porter. (Photo below: Beer tote, or lavender and beer tote, your choice.
- Hedy’s King Caramels: Agave, Roasted Pecan, Classic, Ginger, Licorice and Sea Salt – plus dipped pretzel rods. Caramel coated pretzel rods loaded with roasted, salty cashews will be on offer. Also this week: Magic Wands: Caramel coated pretzel rods with colorful non-pariels.
- Snapdragon Bakery & Cafe: Cinnamon Rolls, Scones, and Savory Rolls, and homemade pink lemonade and Vegan Soup du Jour will be offered each week. Local, Vegetarian and Vegan.
- Tease Chocolates: Signature Chocolate bars: Salty Mermaid, Geishas Pleasure, Spicy Mayan
Dark Arts Bean-to-Bar Chocolate featuring label art from Mika Ceccarelli, Sunshine Toffee – Orange Toffee with Sunflower and Sesame Seeds, Hand-Dipped S’Mores – Marshmallow flavors are: Vanilla Bean, Chocolate, Orange Blossom, Berry and Banana, Assorted Truffle Flavors include: Carol’s Little Black Dress, Lemon Curd, Ghost Chile Caramel, Dulce de Leche, Lavender Butterflies; and Assorted Caramel Flavors: Pineapple Cashew, Orange Kiwi, Salted, Salsa, Grapefruit Saffron, Ginger Berry.
Fish & Meat:
- Midlife Crisis Farm: Ask about other grilling favorites: Lamb Garlic Sausage, Mango Ginger Haberno Sausage Links, USDA lamb and grass fed ground beef
- Quality Seafood: Fresh, sustainable, wild caught prawns, salmon, black cod, tuna, halibut, and smoked salmon.
- Wolftown @ Coop Booth: Vashon Island raised lamb
Tagged with: market fresh sheet
Market Fresh Sheet
JOIN VIGA | MEMBERSHIP & VENDOR FEES
Help Support VIGA
Vashon Farmers Market Accepts…