- Farmers Market
- Farm Goods
Saturday, April 6: Vashon Farmers Market Returns!
And do we have a line-up of fantastic farms, artists, crafts, and food purveyors.
All roads lead to Vashon’s Village Green, 10 a.m. -2 p.m.
At the Market this week…
- Anu Rana’s Healthy Kitchen: Offering a wide variety of gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, corn-free, wheat-free and rice-free nutritious and delicious cookies, snacks, cakes, pies & MORE! Come on down to the market to taste Anu Rana’s new flour-less almond brownies and dark chocolate coconut cookies; they’re 100% guilt-free!
- Calypso Gardens: Fresh mixed sprouts, radishes, kale, collards, rainbow chard and sorrel, salad mix with over 20 different greens in each bag, bouquets – both mini and large (featuring hellebore, tulips, red flowering currant). On the craft end of the table: pine needle baskets, and, NEW this year, cedar bark baskets.
- Craig Hamerling: Craig will be debuting his yard art tractors along with his hand crafted wooden picnic tables. New tractors cover the spectrum from John Deere to longtime favorite Farm All tractors.
- Empty Nest Studio: Unique and eclectic, one of a kind jewelry. Made with natural stone, beach glass and metal.
- Green Man Farm: Green Man Farm will be kicking off the market season with multi-colored beets, Kale, Chard, farm fresh, free range and organic eggs and farm crafts that you won’t want to miss!
- Hedy’s King Caramels: Delicious organic “Vashon Made” caramels, turtles and caramel covered pretzels at the market this week. The rich, old-fashioned taste of King Caramel’s will take you back to Grandma’s kitchen. Smooth and simple – never sticky.
- Hilltop Garden: Hilltop Garden will be adorning his market booth with bunches of Russian kale, rhubarb and weeping currant tomato starts.
- Ivan Weiss: Taking orders for island-grown pastured pork. Available in April, whole hogs only.
- Judd Creek: John will have a variety of native nursery plants, shrubs and trees ready for planting.
- La Biondo Pizza: Don’t You won’t want to miss out on trying a slice of La Biondo’s unique wood-fired mobile pizza. Karen will be featuring her pizza with topped with 100% seasonal and locally grown scrumptious pizza! If you have a hankering for some caffeine- drop by La Biondo food cart for a piping hot cup of coffee!
- Lisa Betz Mosaic Art & Jewelry: Planned to be wowed with Lisa’s spring flower porcelain pendants, mosaic table and refrigerator art .
- Midlife Crisis Farm: What for dinner? Richard Thomson will be bringing USDA lamb and grass fed ground beef to the market.
- Quality Seafood: Captain Mike will be selling his famous sustainable, wild caught salmon, cod, halibut, and smoked salmon.
- Nita’s Garden @ the Co-op Booth : Look for Nita’s farm fresh moth-watering and first of the season rhubarb.
- Pacific Potager: Michelle will be bringing over 50 organic varieties of hardened off and ready to plant vegetable and plant starts–everything from your favorite salad greens to leeks to heirloom sweet peas. You name it, she’ll have it!
- Rainy Day Garden: Featuring signature soaps of all shapes and sizes, and always with the best ingredients. Just follow your nose the Spring Fresh Scents of Rainy Day Garden’s booth. (Weather Permitting)
- Reap It Products: Look for new “Market Bags” inspired by the flared shape of French paniers, as well as car bags perfect for kids stuff, pet toys, magazines, trash–you name it! Dog owners, bring your dog’s measurements (around the neck, collar to tailbone and around the widest part of the middle) for a custom doggie raincoat. Also, check out our Bibs, aprons, 2-growler totes, sandwich wraps, placemats, wallets, and lunch bags.
- Rosie Bones: Look for a cornucopia of dog treats created using grass fed beef liver, organic sweet potato and chicken feet. Rosie will also be bringing her signature chicken livers and gizzards dog treats.
- Sun Island Farm: Sun Island Farm will have chives, radishes, turnips, sun chokes, bunches of kale, salad mix and a fresh batch of our farm raised free range luxury soap.
- Snapdragon Bakery & Cafe: Snapdragon’s back! Drop by their retro blue food van this week to nibble on your favorite decadent pastries and treats. Snapdragon will also be selling their homemade hot chai to warm you up on the chilliest of market days!
- Tease Chocolates: Single Source Chocolate from the Bean. Tease Chocolate will be debuting their spring Truffle assortment and Vegan Chocolate. As Always, you can also purchase Tease Chocolates Signature Products: Pistachio Butter Crunch, Ginger Lips, and Cinnamon Girl Truffle.
- The Bird Lady: Beautiful feathers galore! Showcasing an elegant collection of feathered adornments. (Weather Permitting)
- Third Planet Farm @ the Co-op Booth: You won’t want to miss the chance to buy some farm fresh eggs at the Co-op Booth, courtesy of Terry from Third Planet Farm!
- Treenware: Come see the new one-of-a-kind offerings made from local wood culled after storms and pruning during the winter.
- Vashon Brewing Company: Drop by for some Imperial Stout and Cliff’s other signature beers.
- Vashon Winery: Select from three signature reds from their farm and winery.
Market Fresh Sheet
JOIN VIGA | MEMBERSHIP & VENDOR FEES
Help Support VIGA
Vashon Farmers Market Accepts…