- Farmers Market
- Farm Goods
What’s Fresh at Your Vashon Farmers Market on Saturday May 26!
|Hedy reaching in to serve another yummy King Caramel.|
And FROM THE STUDIOS
- Tahlequah Woodworks rejoins the market this Saturday, with discounts for all VIGA members and a traditional surprise gift from Ralph for his first customer of the year. Come see what marvelous new cutting boards and other woodworking magic he has conjured in his shop these spring months.
|Shopping for spoons at Treenware.|
- Art by Lotus brings lovely photo cards and artworks that perfectly capture the beauty and color of life on Vashon.
- Treenware – Check out the Manzinata salt bowl/spoon sets and the 10″x3″ Manzinata bowl! John is also featuring two unique Mesquite spoons made from a branch sent from Arizona. And, he has a raw piece of Yew believed to be 500-800 years old from which he will be making custom spoons
- Freda B joins the market this week, with funky fab jewelry fashioned from the best treasures of Granny’s Attic. Whimsical necklaces, hip bracelets. Come see the fruits of Judy’s fertile imagination.”
- Julie King brings her Willow Street Woodworks to the island this week, with enchanting signs, birdhouses and much more made from found objects and repurposed wood.
- David Earle brings the most amazing turned bowls you’ll ever lay eyes on. Considered by his peers to be the best turner on the island, he also keeps the little kids enthralled with his colorful spinning tops.
- Rosie Bones will have many scrumptious treats for man’s best friend, including grass fed beef liver, organic sweet potato, and chicken feet, along with their regular bags of Rosie’s Choice and Chicken Livers and Gizzards. Jude is featuring a Memorial Weekend special of one free chicken foot with every purchase of a bag of Rosie Bones. Yeehaw!
Christine from Azula by Design and one of the Market’s loyal customers (who is celebrating her birthday today.)
- Made in Paradise captures artistically one of our most enduring island symbols: The Rock! They use stones collected from seven states to make rustic stone vases & lamps with a Zen quality. The obsidian (volcanic glass) used to make their winsome wind chime is sourced from their very own mine in Southern Oregon. The chimes are not only beautiful to look at but have great tonal quality, from a delicate soprano tinkle to a deep vibrato. Their jewelry is made from collectible old trade beads and fossilized ivory thousands of years old, and beautiful leather work is all hand cut and braided, for key rings, necklaces and rattles.
- Suzanna Leigh has the perfect accessory for Springing into Summer: enchanting handpainted silk scarves, including ones in a silk/wool blend with new spring colors!
- Rogue chickenhas a fun distraction for a sunny holiday weekend: BUBBLES! Bubbles for kids of all ages, in all forms. Check out their bubble bath cupcakes! The “cake” is soothing, for dry sensitive skin. The “icing” makes a mountain of bubbles. The perfect cure for a long stressful day. And, as always, they bring bubbles for blowing. Rainbows captured in an orb! Bring your empty containers to refill.
Market Customers demonstrating how they balance their diet.
- Empty Nest Studio brings a one-of-a-kind, eclectic collection of gemstone and Vashon beach glass jewelry, including a new product line – Necklace Scarves. It’s a scarf that comes with jewels attached!
- Mariposa organizes your garden, which for a gardener could also mean your LIFE, with her brilliant Garden Journals, and invites folks to come by and turn the crank on the paper automata–especially the amazing leaping orcas
- Fabric Focus will be coming with beautiful table runners, as well as tote bags, lavender sachets/dryer bags, eye pillows, checkbook/business card wallets, coffee cozies and other fabric creations. Don’t miss Jeanne’s potato baking bags!
- Bliss Organix is featuring a fragrant Lavender Mist Spritz, made with Vashon lavender, to refresh your body, linens, home or office environment.
- Falcorations Odyssey will be coming this weekend with more wacky purses, including some fun new bags, made from repurposed album covers, including the Muppet Movie, Aerosmith and Avatar.
Blake Clark will be bringing her signature jewelry pieces, always handmade with love.
- KB and Paula offer beautifully crafted gifts, perfect for any occasion (hospitality, thank you, personal events, table place settings, memorials…) Some are made from pieces of Vashon’s deeply rooted history of the Bealle Roses and Greenhouses, and most for under $20! Elegant glass and metal vases to hold a cheery bouquet, wine holders that are miracles of physics, and gorgeous drums, among many other handmade works of art.
Falcorations Odyssey creations catch a shopper’s eye.
- Cosmic Cove conjures up the Age of Aquarius with their kaleidoscope of tie-dyed fashions. Rainbows aplenty in this colorful array.
- Rex Morris will be happy to put a razor sharp edge on your knives – and those pruning clippers you accidentally left out rusting over the winter…
- And Catholine Tribble will be at the market again, selling raffle tickets for the most stunning Community Quilt ever. WE think it’s the most stunning ever because it’s all about the Vashon Farmers Market.
This week, Islander Gregg Curry will perform. Gregg will perform acoustic roots rock with overtones of country and blues. This singer-songwriter describes himself as heavily influenced by songwriters such as Tom Petty and Bob Dylan.
Our SUN Sponsors, whose logos appear below, help underwrite the things that make the Market special each week: Live music, educational and outreach materials, SUNSHINE every Saturday…. You wondered how we were able to afford all those Sunny Day orders, didn’t you? Well, now you know. And that’s why we call them SUN sponsors.
Vashon Farmers Market | The Village Green | Vashon Hwy and Bank Rd | Vashon | WA | 98070
JOIN VIGA | MEMBERSHIP & VENDOR FEES
Help Support VIGA